Saturday, November 20, 2010

50 cent and the discoteca incident...according to Chavier; July 19-25, 2010

July 19, 2010

Honored to massage the feet of one of my favorite mamas then prepared for a cross-cultural, village style sex talk.

July 20, 2010

Oh Heidi!! She just wrecked me again, teaching about the meek.  ... After my crying mess, ate lots of chocolate and celebrated Wade's bday! :)

July 21, 2010

Lauren, Bridgette, Chantal, Ana and I headed out to Mieze (a farming village about 30 minutes from Pemba).  Sat with about 15 teenage girls as we shared a bit of our testimonies, and talked about sex in the kingdom of God.  Gave them a million hugs and kisses; did some art projects and headed home. 

As the rain poured down, I sat on the veranda with my boys as they would take a sip of my coffee and pass it to the next.  I spread my flannel over all of us and we huddled up to stay warm.  No matter the weather... some times you do what you have to, to be near friends.  I am so blessed to be called a friend.

July 22, 2010

Heidi wrecked me again... I don't know if I can handle it anymore!!! :)

Played an amazing game with Chavier; we set up a couple mats/chairs/ and imagined we were traveling the world.  He built an imaginary house where we could stay, with Tetra and messiage too.  ...It almost wrecked me how sweet it was.  Lord, there is nothing more I want to do, them to bring these children home.  Help me understand how to.

July 23, 2010

Outreach into the village, met up at the prayer chapel.  There were these two young teenage girls there, I asked if we could pray for them.  I asked her if I could pray in some portuguese, then english.  She said that was fine.  As I was praying in English, I could feel God just begin to hover over this girl.  I began to prophesy over her in english.  She began weeping, and weeping.  God was doing something amazing in her.  As I finished my prayer for her, a smile came over her face.  We started talking in portuguese about what it means to be a princess, with God as a loving king father.  Her and her friend, were so blessed, they held hands and were smiling ear to ear, beaming with this new understanding of the God that just loved on her, makes her a princess. 

July 24, 2010

Tetra, gathered me and some friends, and headed out to help build our friend, Marilia's house.  Ran into little Zito on the way.  We would smash rocks with a huge hammer thing, then put them between rows of dried bamboo.  We sang songs in Makua, and little Zito kept pulling out my rocks and showing me which ones to put where.  Never thought a 6 year old would show me how to build a house... loved it!

About lunch time we headed back to IRIS and gathered some others to head over to Folgas' house as his mother taught us how to make "macanaco," a mozambican bicuit (cookie).  So we sat, ate coconut rice and curried beans (my favorite) and made dessert.  AWESOME! :)

July 25, 2010

Morning coffee with roomies, then sat with Chavier eating macanaco.  Sat there with my boys as they saw the scar on my elbow.  Chavier points to it, looks up at me and says, "50 cent... cuando voce sali uma discoteca..." I lost it in laughter!!! He begins to make up this incredible story of how 50 cent knifed me when I was leaving a club.  Oh my goodness!  It was so funny!!! We started rolling!!! Then as we went to church, he started to tell of the boys how I got the scar on my elbow.  We would look at each other, shrug and say in unison, "50 cent!" 

After church, headed to Filipe's house, where we danced and danced and danced!! Then bought some stuff for dinner and went to Rosa and Chantals house (two of Heidi's adopted daughters), chatted and ate like long lost friends.








No comments:

Post a Comment